How to reprogram your mind
The beliefs you hold about yourself and the world, will determine your future success and happiness.
Most of our beliefs are born from what we consume and absorb around us.
The opinions and core beliefs of our friends and family, and the media we’re exposed to have a huge impact on how we see ourselves and our place in the world.
Knowing this, it’s safe to assume that our core beliefs are developed from our environment, and how we perceive the experiences we’ve had whilst growing up in that environment.
This tells me two things.
If you’re able to change the nature of your environment, your beliefs about the world and yourself will naturally change too. Thus by changing these core beliefs, you’re able to reprogram your mind which in turn can result in a better life.
Being able to reprogram your mind from a limiting nature, to an empowering one, begins with a vital decision.
Quickly judge yourself on what you think and feel about yourself. You’ll instantly know whether your current beliefs are benefiting you, or simply holding you back.
1. Consume More Positive Material
Scott H Young
- Scott is dedicated to the idea of “how to get more from life?” and improving your productivity.
- Uses holistic learning to break down complex concepts, making them more memorable whilst showcasing the true pleasures of learning.
- Has recently completed a 4-year MIT degree in 12 months. He understands the process of learning inside-out. He also tackles many concepts people struggle with such as finding meaning and passion in our work.
- Tiny Buddha is a website that promotes simple wisdowm for complex lives. It doesn’t just give you the bare bones in terms of positive material, but shares tips for application too.
- You’ll find posts about happiness, motivation, inspiration, love, purpose, opportunities, mindfulness, and letting go.
- Chris Guillebeau is a man who loves to challenge authority. Never having a “real job” till this very day, Chris is dedicated to living life on his own terms and getting paid for doing what he loves.
- His mission is to help people live unconventional lives, make their own choices, and change the world in his own way.
Get a Pinterest Account
- Pinterest is social networking site based around pictures and the things you love in life.
- This is fantastic for finding hidden proverbs to lift up your mood during the day. Every day, commit yourself to finding pictures and quotes that make you feel happy. The more exposed you are to positive content and people, the faster your mindset will undergo a positive paradigm shift.
Read, read and read. Treat this activity like a religion.
I’m not kidding.
If you truly want to reprogram your mind, then you need to do the following.
- Figure out which beliefs are holing you back.
- Instill the beliefs you’d like to become a dominant force in your mental make-up through techniques such as affirmations.
Other personal development authors like myself are continuously striving to instill balance and happiness into the lives of millions of people around the world.
Rather than reading the monotonous status updates people post on Facebook and Twitter, why not take a look at the top 100 personal development websites around and read those regularly instead?
In addition, rather than reading the modern newspaper that arrives at your doorstep every day – tune in to the positive news newspaper?
2. Create Your Own Beliefs
Monitor Your Environment
People who support us through the toughest times of our life are our true friends.
There is a big difference between an acquaintance and a friend. The latter, being the one who will always help you when you’re in need.
A negative friendship group will do nothing but bring you down.
Contrary to popular belief, you’ll derive more benefit from being alone than being with a group of negative people.
3. Question anything and everything you currently believe in:
“People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That’s how they define reality. But what does it mean to be “correct” or “true”? Merely vague concepts… Their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?”
– Masashi Kishimoto
Caring about what people think is probably the main deterrent which stops people from achieving their goals.
I care about what people think, but I only care about the opinions of people I respect.
4. Write a Personal Positivity Journal
The only rule is; you’re only allowed to write positive things inside it. Writing in a personal positive journal is a great way for strengthening your belief in yourself.
After 6 months you’ll have a plethora of ideas, reasons, concepts and stories that will make you see for yourself, that you are far better as a person than you think you are.
Say it ain’t so…people underestimate their potential far too much, it actually makes me sick seeing individuals who have more potential than myself – giving up before me.
Do yourself a favour and learn how to reprogram your mind with the Balanced Life Academy.
I founded this company to help demystify and solve the biggest problems preventing people just like you from achieving success and happiness in every facet of their lives.